1. The word "Bhramari" comes from the sanskrit name bhramar which is also known as Humming black bee.
2. Bhramari breathing calms the mind, reduces the stress or fight - flight response.
3. It reduces and regulates cerebral tensions, anger, anxiety, insomnia, blood pressure.
4. This is the most effective pranayama in speeding up the healing of body tissues and it can also be practiced after surgeries.
5. During this practice, one may feel cold or tingling sensation in throat area.
6. The practice can be performed in sitting position (Padmasana - Lotus, Swastikasana- Auspicious, Vajrasana - Thunderbolt, Any Cross legged position is suitable in which the body can be relaxed and spine is erect.
7. Inhalation is through both nostrils with your thumbs covering the ears, index fingers covering the eyelids, the middle finger on the two nostrils, the ring and little finger covering the lips.
8. Start creating the humming sound while you exhale.
9. Once the exhalation sound is raised, one can start trying to create similar sound while inhaling.
1. Bhramri helps to vibrate the whole brain; helping the whole neuro-endocrinal system to function in the synchronized form.
2. This practice of pranayama helps in calming the body and relieving stress.
3. It helps in making the voice pleasant and melodious by strengthening the vocal cords.
4. It helps in curing diseases of the throat and increases concentration.
5. Bhramri has a beautiful effect on pregnant women as it helps in improving mood, behavior and personality through vibrations causing cerebral cortex to send impulses to the hypothalamus controlling the pituitary gland.
1. This practice is done with a normal breathing without any force .
2. If any person is suffering from chronic medical condition, seek advice from your doctor and yoga teacher.
MEDITATIONAL POINT :
1. It helps in activating Vishuddhi chakra and it helps in increasing vital life-force.